2/19/2014

From a kid's point of view...



Just recently in their religious studies class, the kids talked about the chapter in which the 12 year old Jesus goes to the Temple.

Minka was all enthusiastic about it:
 
"Imagine, Ma," she told me after school, "sometimes Jesus did bad things, too."
 
"Jesus did bad things, too?", I asked with a slightly raised eye brow,
 
and she answered:
 
"One time, he ran away from his parents!"
 
"Really," I smiled, "and you like that?"
 
"Yes, of course!", Minka said: "I mean, Jesus is always so great and does everything right. But a kid who's always good -- no one can live up to that.  And that's why I like that sometimes he did bad things, too, just like a normal kid!"
 
I guess, we have to work on the theological argument just a bit -- but I do understand where she's coming from, ;-).
 
So Long,
Corinna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,