2/06/2014

I am sätt

Let's speak English," Mo suggested the day before yesterday over dinner, and I answered:  "Great idea, let's do!"

After which everyone grew silent for a while

  
"I'll go to my room," Mutze said and ... disappeared while Mo took an astonishingly long time to happily munch away on his sandwich.
 
"Come on," I grinned, "talk to me, guys."
 
"I am sätt," Minka spoke up and I asked:  "You are sad?"
 
"Yes.  I am sätt," she said, and I asked again, this time in German:  "Du bist traurig?"
 
"No-h-o!", she laughed:  "I am full, I can't eat anymore."
 
Ha!  "Satt" is the German word for full, and she just pronounced it "English", ;-).
 
****
 
Should you ever meet me in the next days, please don't think anything of it, if I make funny sounds.
 
Yesterday we had our first Chinese lesson and are studying the Chinese pin yin Alphabet. 
 
(Happy happy joy joy).

 
At least I already learned a bit to plunge right into a polite conversation.
 
"Ni chi fan le ma?", our instructor told us, is a polite question which goes back to time of famine, and means "Have you eaten today?".
 
I'd now actually be able to answer: 
 
"gǒu" und "mǎ".
 
(Dog and horse).
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
What did we get ourselves into???.

Enjoy your day!
 
So long,
Corinna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,